SEO requirements are constantly changing, and it can be challenging to keep up with the latest developments. But if you want your site to receive traffic, you should be aware. Well-optimized sites over time receive more and more traffic, which means more potential customers and sale. Without SEO, search engines will not be able to find your website, and all your hard work will be in vain.
In this guide, we’ll tell you about the most crucial SEO ranking factors you need to dominate your search.
1. A secure and accessible site
Not surprisingly, the first of our SEO ranking factors are related to the correct URL type. In particular, this is the URL that Google bots can easily find and crawl. In other words, Google must be able to visit the URL and view the content of the page to begin to understand what this page is about. To help bots, you will need:
A robots.txt file that tells Google where it can and cannot find information about the site.
A site map that lists all your pages. If you are working with a WordPress site, you can customize a sitemap through Yoast SEO. If not, you can use the site map generator online.
2. Page speed (including mobile page speed)
Page speed has been identified as one of the main factors ranking SEO for many years. Google wants to improve the user experience on the Internet, and fast-loading web pages will definitely do that.
Google announced an update to the search engine speed-oriented mobile page algorithm that will begin to affect websites from July 2018. If your site does not load quickly on mobile devices, it can be penalized. Use Google’s mobile testing tool to see how your site is loaded.
3. Mobile First Index
Mobility is another important factor in SEO ranking of website promotion, which is definitely worth it from SEO consultants Dubai. More people are using mobile devices than desktop computers to access the Internet, and this is one of the reasons for the change in how Google ranks search results.
What you should pay attention to:
1. Do you have a responsive website that automatically resizes to fit the device?
2. Do you use large fonts for easy reading on a small screen?
3. Accessibility and ease of navigation, including easier access to the menu
4. Ensuring that the main content is not hidden from intermediate advertising
5. Find out more mobile-friendly design tips to improve ranking in Google search in our guide to improving conversion rates for mobile devices.
4. Domain Age, URL, and Permissions
Did you know that almost 60% of sites that are in the top ten Google rankings are three years old or more? A research data on two million pages show that very few sites younger than a year reach this ranking. So if you have had your website for some time, and you have optimized it using the tips from this article, this is already an advantage.
In some cases, the domain name matters. Although Google has penalized exact-matched domains (those in which the target keyword is in the URL), such punishment is usually applied to spam sites with thin content.
5. Optimized content
We already talked a lot about content and ranking factors in SEO. This is because this is one of the most important search ranking factors (right there, with links, user experience, and Rank Brain, which we’ll get to soon). One SEO ranking factor that leads to the negative ranking is duplicate content. For SEO, fresh, original content is always better. And if you have similar content, tell Google which one should be considered the most authoritative using canonical URLs.
6. Technical SEO
Earlier, we said that getting the right code is one of the aspects of SEO site optimization for improving search engine rankings. Here are some aspects to look out for:
1. Use key phrases in the page headlines, and it is there that Google first looks to determine which content belongs to which search. You will see the page title in the first line of the search results entry.
2. Use title tags to show the content hierarchy. If your heading is formatted as h1, then use the subtitles h2 or h3.
3. Create a Meta description that simultaneously attracts readers and includes your key phrase or takes help of SEO agency. Meta-descriptions should be short and comfortable.
7. User Experience (Rank Brain)
For a while, Google has been using artificial intelligence to increase the ranking of web pages. He calls this Rank Brain factor. It includes several signals that affect your search engine rankings.
1. Click through rate- number of people in the percent who click to visit your site after the entry appears in the search results.
2. Bounce rate is the number of people who closed your site again, which basically means that your site did not give them what they wanted. To deal with this problem, you can take the help of SEO consultants.
3. Waiting time- how long the visitors stay on your site after their arrival.
At best, when a reputable site includes a relevant link to your site in the relevant part of its content. Finally, links to your own content can help link pages for both Google and your visitors, making each page more valuable. If you have an official page and a link to another page on your site, it helps visitors find another page and passes some amount of weight. This will help this second page to increase search engine rankings.
9. Social Signals
The official word for Google is that social shares are not a direct ranking factor. Links from Twitter or Facebook are not considered links from other reputable sites.
However, it cannot be denied that the top-ranked pages in Google search results usually have a lot of common resources- perhaps because the more your content is published, the more people will see it and decide to share a link to it. This means that getting more social share helps your ranking in search engines, at least indirectly.
10. Real business information
This advice by SEO agency is important for businesses targeting specific local points. The absence or presence of business information on your website is one of the most important ranking factors.
Therefore, it is essential to look after areas as:
1. Business listings on Facebook and Google My Business
2. NAP – name, address, phone number
3. Reviews on these sites and in relevant directories such as Google reviews and other
4. Correct local search conditions